Slow-Cooker Chicken Pomodoro
- ¼ cup finely chopped onion
- ¼ cup tomato paste
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ teaspoon minced fresh oregano or 1/8 teaspoon dried
- Salt and pepper
- Pinch red pepper flakes
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- 2 6- to 8-ounce boneless, skinless chicken breasts, trimmed
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 1. Microwave onion, tomato paste, garlic, oil, oregano, ¼ teaspoon salt, and pepper flakes in bowl, stirring occasionally, until onion is softened, about 5 minutes; transfer to slow cooker. Stir in cream. Season chicken with salt and pepper and arrange in even layer in slow cooker. Cover and cook until chicken registers 160 degrees, 1 to 2 hours on low.
- Sprinkle chicken with Parmesan, cover, and let sit until cheese is melted, about 5 minutes. Sprinkle with basil and serve.