Restaurant Fried Rice
- 1 Teppan (Griddle) or 12" Skillet or 14" Wok
- 1 ½ cups Jasmine Rice cooked – 1 day old (you can use any medium grain rice as well)
- 3 Eggs beaten
- 1 Yellow Onion large diced or sliced
- 2 cloves Garlic minced
- 1 tsp Ginger minced
- 1 Carrot medium diced or sliced thin
- ½ cup Green Peas
- ½ tsp White Pepper
- 2 tbsp Soy Sauce
- 1 tbsp Sesame Oil
- Heat teppan on high heat.
- Add 1 tablespoon of Canola oil in the center.
- Break the 3 eggs onto the hot oil. Scramble, cook, and move to the side of the teppan.
- Add another tablespoon of oil and once hot, add the onion, garlic, ginger, carrots, peas, and sauté for 3 minutes, then incorporate the eggs.
- Add the cold cooked rice.
- Toss and mix in the rice making sure all the ingredients are spread throughout, cook for 3 minutes.
- Add sesame oil, soy sauce, white pepper, and toss to incorporate; cook for another 3 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and serve hot with green onion on top in a plate or bowl and enjoy.
2 tbsp soy sauce (reduced sodium is best)
1 tbsp simple syrup