- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 pound ground pork
- 1 teaspoon caraway seed
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ cup plain bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 12-ounce jar beef gravy
- ½ pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- In a large bowl, combine ground beef, ground pork, caraway seed, garlic powder, salt, and pepper; mix well and form into 6 equal patties.
- Place bread crumbs in a shallow dish; coat patties evenly.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, heat oil until hot; cook patties 5 to 6 minutes per side, or until no pink remains. Remove to a platter and cover to keep warm.
- Place gravy and mushrooms in the skillet and cook over medium heat 3 to 4 minutes, or until mushrooms begin to soften. Spoon over patties and serve immediately.