CRACKER BARREL Chicken n’ RiceAdd to Shopping List Go to Shopping List
- 1 boneless skinless chicken thigh diced small (approximately 1/3 cup)
- 1 can 10.5 oz. Cream of Chicken Soup
- 1 can 10.5 oz. Cream of Mushroom Soup
- 1 can 6.5 oz. sliced mushrooms, drained
- ½ cup fresh chopped onion
- 1 tsp. garlic salt
- ½ tsp. black pepper
- ¾ cup cold water
- 18-24 chicken tenderloins frozen or fresh
- Cooking spray
- 3 cups cooked rice ( choice of brown or white)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- For the gravy, place chicken thigh meat, cream of chicken soup, and cream of mushroom soup into a large mixing
- bowl and mix thoroughly using whisk.
- Add sliced mushrooms, chopped onion, garlic salt, and hlack pepper and blend until well combined.
- Add the cold water and mix until well blended.
- Spray a 9 x 13″ baking dish with cooking spray. Place the chicken tenderloins on the bottom of the baking dish.
- Pour the Gravy mix over the top of the tenderloins.
- Place uncovered into oven for 40 minutes. When done, gravy mixture will be bubbly and slightly golden in color.
To Serve: Place 3-4 tenderloins on top of a 1/2 cup bed of rice and top with additional gravy. Recipe serves 6 servings.