- 2 tbsp canola oil
- 3 onions peeled, quartered, and sliced very thin
- ⅛ tsp salt
- ⅛ tsp black pepper
- 2 tbsp spicy brown mustard
- 1 1-pound package bratwurst (8 sausages)
- ½ cup beer
- In a large skillet over medium-low heat, heat oil until hot. Add onions and saute 10 minutes, or until tender and beginning to brown, stirring often. Season onions with salt and pepper then stir in mustard.
- Add bratwurst and cook 10 to 12 minutes, or until sausages are no longer pink in center. Stir in the beer and simmer 2 to 3 minutes. Serve bratwurst with the onions.