- 2 heads cabbage shredded
- 2 % kosher salt
- 2% salt calculation: Weight of sliced cabbage in grams x .02 = the weight of kosher salt to add for fermentation.
- Pour salt over shredded cabbage
- Mix with hands until liquid releases.
- Put in container and muddle so all cabbage is below liquid.
- Leave at room temperature for at least 10 days.
- You can leave it at room temperature or store it in the fridge. I leave it on my counter.
- Put weight on top of cabbage, cover with air releasing cover. Pickling jars work very well.