- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 4 slices bacon chopped
- 1 cup chopped onion
- ½ head green cabbage shredded
- 1 apple cored and chopped
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons whole grain mustard
- In a large skillet over medium-high heat, add oil, bacon, and onion and cook 6 to 8 minutes, or until bacon is crisp and onion starts to brown.
- Add the cabbage, apple, salt, and pepper and continue cooking 8 to 10 minutes, or until cabbage is wilted. Stir in cream and mustard and cook 2 to 3 minutes, or until heated through.