Brian’s Sweet Cornbread
- 1 10" Cast Iron Skillet
- 1 box Jiffy Cornbread Mix 8.5oz Box
- 1 box Jiffy Yellow Cake Mix 9.0oz Box
- ½ cup water
- ⅓ cup milk
- 2 eggs
- ⅓ cup sugar
- ¼ cup orange blossom honey
- Preheat the oven to 350˚F.
- Spray 10" cast iron skillet with Pam (or similar – don't use butter)
- Add all ingredients into a large bowl and whisk together for 3 minutes. Do not use a power mixer, i.e. break a sweat.
- Fill a 10″ cast iron skillet with the batter.
- Bake at 350˚F degrees for approximately 35 minutes or until a cake tester comes out clean in the center.
- Put the skillet on a cooling rack.
- Let the cornbread rest for 15 minutes before cutting and serving.