- * Dough *
- 4 cups all-purpose flour1/2 cup granulated sugar3/4 teaspoon fine sea salt1/3 cup butter1 cup lukewarm whole milk21/4 tsp instant yeast2 eggs1 egg yolk
- * Filling *1 cup brown sugar1 tablespoon muscovado sugar2.5 tablespoons 17g cinnamon1/3 cup (84g) butter
- * Vanilla Cheese Glaze *4 ounces cream cheese3/4 cups powdered sugar1 vanilla bean3 tbsp whole milk
- Step 1
- Prepare dough: Place milk, eggs, margarine, flour, salt, white sugar, and yeast in the pan of a bread machine in the order recommended by the manufacturer. Select dough cycle; press Start.
- Step 2
- When dough has doubled in size, turn it out onto a lightly floured surface. Cover it with a kitchen towel or plastic wrap and let it rest for 10 minutes.
- Step 3
- Roll dough on a lightly floured surface to a 16×21-inch rectangle.
- Step 4
- Prepare filling: Combine brown sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl. Spread softened butter over the dough, then sprinkle cinnamon-sugar mixture evenly over top.
- Step 5
- Starting at the longer end, roll up the dough; cut into 12 rolls. Place rolls in a lightly greased 9×13-inch baking pan. Cover and let rise until nearly doubled, about 30 minutes.
- Step 6
- Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Step 7
- Bake rolls in the preheated oven until golden brown, about 15 minutes.
- Step 8
- While rolls are baking, prepare icing: Beat confectioners’ sugar, butter, cream cheese, confectioners’ sugar, vanilla, and salt until creamy.
- Step 9
- Spread icing on warm rolls before serving.
- Nutrition Facts
- Per Serving: 502 calories; protein 8.2g; carbohydrates 77.3g; fat 18.5g; cholesterol 64.1mg; sodium 387.7mg