Oatmeal Lace Cookies
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 6 tablespoons packed 2⅔ ounces light brown sugar
- ¼ cup dark corn syrup
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup 1¼ ounces all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ teaspoons heavy cream
- ½ cup quick-cooking oats
- Adjust oven racks to upper-middle and lower-middle positions and heat oven to 350 degrees. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Bring butter, brown sugar, and corn syrup to boil in medium saucepan over medium heat. Remove from heat and whisk in vanilla, salt, flour, cream, and oats until well combined.
- Using 1-teaspoon measuring spoon, drop batter 3 inches apart on prepared baking sheets. Bake until cookies are golden and no longer bubbling, 6 to 8 minutes, rotating and switching baking sheets halfway through baking time. Cool cookies on parchment on wire rack, about 20 minutes. Repeat with remaining batter. Once cookies are cool, peel off parchment. (Cookies can be stored in airtight container at room temperature for up to 2 days.)