- 1 9" Springform pan
- 1 Stand mixer with whisk attachment
- 1 Brownies batter use a box mix of your choice or make homemade
- 2 ½ tsp unflavored gelatin
- 1 tbsp water
- 6 oz white chocolate chopped
- ½ cup Bailey’s Irish Cream
- 1 ½ tsp instant espresso powder
- 1 ½ cups heavy cream chilled
- 1 cup orange juice
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 tbsp Grand Marnier
- 1 tbsp Bittersweet chocolate shaved
FOR THE BASE
- Adjust oven rack to middle position and heat oven to 325˚ F. Grease 9-inch springform pan. Pour brownie batter into the pan and bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out with a few crumbs attached, 22 to 27 minutes, rotating pan halfway through baking. Transfer pan to wire rack and let cool completely.
FOR THE FILLING
- Combine 1 teaspoon gelatin and water in small bowl and let stand until gelatin softens, about 5 minutes. Place white chocolate in large bowl. Heat Bailey’s and espresso powder in small saucepan over medium heat until just simmering. Pour Bailey’s mixture over white chocolate, add gelatin mixture, and whisk until melted; let cool slightly, about 5 minutes. Using stand mixer fitted with whisk, whip cream on medium-low speed until foamy, about 1 minute. Increase speed to high and whip until soft peaks form, 1 to 3 minutes. Whisk one-third of whipped cream into white chocolate mixture. Using spatula, fold in remaining whipped cream. Spread evenly over brownie layer in pan. Refrigerate until set, about 2 hours.
FOR THE TOPPING
- Combine orange juice, sugar, Grand Marnier, and remaining 1 1/2 teaspoons gelatin in small saucepan and cook over medium-high heat, stirring frequently, until just simmering. Transfer to 2-cup liquid measuring cup and let cool completely, about 1 hour. Slowly pour juice mixture over cake and refrigerate until set, about 1 hour. Run thin knife between cake and side of pan; remove side of pan. Transfer cake to cake platter. Place chocolate curls in center of cake. Serve.