- 1 Parchment paper
- 1 Baking sheet
- 1 sheet puff pastry ½ of 17.3-oz package thawed
- 3 Granny Smith apples large, peeled, cored, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup golden raisins
- ¼ cup pecans pieces
- 1 ½ tbsp all-purpose flour plus additional for dusting
- 3 tbsp granulated sugar
- 1 tsp apple pie spice
- 1 egg large
- 1 tbsp water
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- On a non-stick surface dusted with flour, roll the puff pastry into a 12 x 16-inch rectangle.
- In a medium size mixing bowl, toss together the apples, raisins, pecans, flour, sugar and apple pie spice until evenly coated.
- Arrange on the shortest end leaving ¼-inch border on each side. Roll jelly roll style, ending seam side down.
- Pinch to seal the ends and tuck the ends under. Carefully move to the baking sheet.
- Use a sharp knife to cut 4 or 5 slits in the top.
- Best together egg and water then brush strudel on all sides.
- Bake for 30-35 minuted until golden. Rest for 15 minutes before cutting into 10 equal portions. Serve warm or at room temperature.