Village Inn Pancake
- 2 cups white whole wheat flour
- 1 cup quick oats
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- 2 large eggs lightly beaten
- 2½ cups milk
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- homemade maple syrup or honey
- Jam optional
- Greek yogurt optional, but very nice
- Toasted pecans ditto
Homemade "Maple" syrup recipe:
- 1 ½ cup water
- 3 cups dark brown sugar
- ½ tsp maple extract
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- ½ tbsp butter flavoring
- 3 tbsp honey or molasses
- Take out a large bowl, and mix together 2 cups of white whole wheat flour, 1 cup of oats, ½ tsp of kosher salt, 4 tsp of baking powder, and 2 tsp of cinnamon.
- In another bowl, pour 2 ½ cups of whole milk, 2 tsp of vanilla extract, and lightly beaten eggs. With a fork or whisk mix them properly.
- Make a well into the dry ingredients, and pour the wet ingredients mixture. Stir the batter until completely mixed and there are no dry ingredients left.
- Melt the butter in a frying pan over medium heat. With a round deep bottomed spoon, place the village inn gluten free pancake to the skillet. Each won’t take more than 5 minutes; flip in halfway.
- Transfer to a serving plate and serve with Greek yogurt, maple syrup and toasted pecans or walnuts.
Methods of Preparing Homemade Maple Syrup:
- In a saucepan, add 1 ½ cup of water, 3 cups of dark brown sugar, 3 tbsp of honey, ½ tsp of maple extract, ½ tsp of vanilla extract, and ½ tsp of butter flavoring.
- Over medium-low heat, make the maple syrup, stirring occasionally.
- When the mixture has brought to boil, reduce the heat to a simmer and let cook for another 3 minutes.
- When done, remove from heat and let cool. You can store this in a glass jar and store in the refrigerator up to 2 months.